Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search.

Malaysia confirms first case of A(H1N1) flu

Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia on Friday its first case of A (H1N1) flu in a 21-year-old students who return from the United States on Wednesday morning.

All the 192 passengers on a Malaysia Airlines flight MH091 from Newark on Wednesday urged to contact the Ministry of Health, using 03-88810200 or 03-88810300

Health Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said the case from the 36th Malaysia Country to be affected by the virus.

Health officers at the Sungai Buloh Hospital on high tender after the first A (H1N1) flu case in a 21-year-old students who return from the United States on Wednesday morning.

"Malaysia is now on high alert," said Liow, now in London, enroute to Geneva for a meeting of the World Health Organization. He added that he would his return earlier than planned in the next Friday.

Liow said Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha, who is now the acting health minister would hold a press conference with Deputy Health Director-General Datuk Dr Ramlee Rahmat at Putra Jaya by 3 clock

Meanwhile, a statement by the Ministry of Health, the Director-General, Dr Ismail Merican said the young man was on Thursday in the hospital for fever, sore throat and body aches.

Tests confirmed that he was infected with the A (H1N1) virus, the statement said. He receives anti-virus treatment and was in a stable condition, he said.

Ismail said the ministry had contact with members of his family, but they were not under quarantine.

Ismail said his department was the steps to protect public health, and there is no reason to panic.

Meanwhile, Bernama reported that a man from Bukit Mertajam under observation in the isolation ward of the hospital, Penang was declared free of avian influenza A (H1N1).

"We have just confirmed a report that the blood test on the 26-year-old man was negative," state health, welfare, caring society and environment chairman Phee Boon Poh said when contacted by Bernama Friday.

A test on a sample of his blood was sent to Kuala Lumpur.

The man was held for observation Thursday after it was found that fever and symptoms similar to those of influenza A (H1N1) in his return from the United States.

Two weeks ago, a New Zealand tourist was on the isolation ward of the hospital due to influenza A (H1N1), but also a blood test showed negative.

No comments: